1. Information we collect
In general, you may visit our Site without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in order to take advantage of certain features of our Site, we may need to collect your personal information. Some examples include:
- When you create an account or public user profile, we collect information such as your username, email address, or telephone number, as well as password. Some Sites may require you to provide additional information, such as your date of birth or the type of vehicle you drive, in order to access their services. As part of the service, we may collect additional information that you choose to add to your account or public user profile, such as a profile picture or information about your hobbies and interests.
- In the event that you purchase a product or service through our Site (such as a subscription or classified advertisement), we will collect your name, contact information, and payment card information.
- If you create an account on our Site using your social media account, or log in to our Site using a social media plug-in, or interact with a social media service through our Site (such as by using a plug-in), we will receive personal information from the social media service. Such personal information may include your username, email address, gender, public profile information, or other information you have shared with us, whether explicitly or through your privacy settings.
- We may offer public discussion forums or other communication platforms on our Site that allow you to communicate with other users, post information, content, images, photos or videos, participate in surveys, or submit reviews, ratings, or comments (collectively, your "Content"). If you have a public profile on the site, then your Content will be linked to that profile. In addition to your public user profile, the content that you submit is public, unencrypted, and non-confidential. What this means is that it can be accessed and used by others, including advertisers. It is your decision what information you choose to disclose in these public areas and we are not responsible for it. It is important that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in public areas of our Site.
2. What we do with the information that we collect about you
In general, we use the personal information we collect to provide you with the product, service, feature or information that you have requested, as well as for our reasonable business purposes, such as:
- We use the information we collect to manage our Site and to provide our services, such as to create and manage accounts and to facilitate the use and enjoyment of our forums and communication platforms;
- It allows for geographic-specific features, such as pricing and information that is specific to a particular location.
- We need to process payments in order to do so.
- If we need to notify you of changes to your account or to our Site's services, terms, conditions, or policies, or if we need to provide you with administrative messages, updates, legal notices, technical notices, or security alerts;
- You can customize your user experience by, for example, tailoring the advertisements that are displayed to you in a way that makes them more useful or relevant to you;
- It is our objective to conduct research and development, analyze and understand trends and user behavior in order to enhance our Sites, products, and services;
- I am here to assist you with your inquiries, as well as to provide you with technical and other support.
3. How we share your information
If we collect information about you, we may share it with others in the following circumstances.
- Advertising partners: As described above in the section related to cookies, tracking technologies, and interest-based advertising, we may share information with our third-party advertising partners.
- With your consent: It is possible for us to share your personal information with third parties with your consent. If you provide us with your contact information, such as an e-mail address, in order to sign up for information, newsletters, contests, or marketing offers from a third party, or to receive business offers or service quotes from that third party, we may share your personal information for the purpose of providing the information, newsletter, contest, or marketing offer. Once your personal information has been shared with a third party, it will be subject to the privacy policies of that third party.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children - persons under 13 years of age, or a higher age if required by applicable law - through our Sites, and we do not request or collect personal information from children without the consent of their parents. It is our policy to delete information from our records if we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information about a child without verifiable parental consent or, if deletion is not reasonable, we will take reasonable available steps to de-identify the information.